ANNOUNCING SaskCollections Phase 4
This year MAS is continuing to expand its SaskCollections Project and we want you to join!
Two years ago, the SaskCollections Database started with a pilot program of 5 museums. We now have almost 20 members. We are now moving into Phase 4 of the project and are looking for 5 museums to join the movement!
Why should you join the SaskCollections Program?
- Because MAS has already secured the software, there is limited costs to the museum
- The database has been customized to meet the needs of the unique Saskatchewan Museum Community
- The database helps museums to manage useable information about your collections
- The database is an extremely effective tool of organizing, arranging, preserving, and display artifacts in your collections
- The database will help you organize, arrange, preserve, and display artifacts in your collections
- The information will be stored on a secure server in Canada with MAS doing the back-ups in-house. This eliminates the need for museums to do this themselves, especially if you do not have the technological capacity.
- You have access to comprehensive support, both online resources and via our Museums Advisor, Kathleen
Requirements for Participation:
- 2-3 dedicated staff/volunteers
- Staff/volunteers must be available for training
- Museums must be already organizing the collection in accordance with the Collections Documentation Manual for Saskatchewan Museums.
- Museums must have a high-speed internet connection and an up-to-date computer
- Museums must contribute $125/year for data storage fees
- A current, digitalized database is not required; however, you must be committed to completing the input work.
- If you currently have your collection on some sort of digital format, we can help you migrate it over to the SaskCollections.
Initial Cost: $200 (Nomenclature 4.0, Storage Fees and Data Transfer Fees)
Each Year After: $125.00 (Data Storage Fees)
Application Deadline: November 3, 2017
How to Apply:
The application process is easy. Simply click on this link https://goo.gl/forms/EcBygMCIXfqnACDV2 and fill in the form!
Questions? Comments? Concerns?
If you have comments, questions, or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact Kathleen (Museums Advisor) at firstname.lastname@example.org or 306-780-9266
P.S. Kathleen can also provide you with access to a “dumb” database, if you are interested in viewing it before you join.