THE INCLUSIVE MUSEUM
Join us at the MAS Conference in Prince Albert May 26-28, 2016. Download pre-conference package, including nominees to the MAS Board of Directors, speakers, etc.
The City of Prince Albert plays host to the Conference and Annual General Meeting of the Museums Association of Saskatchewan.
Significant demographic change is taking place in Saskatchewan with the fastest growing groups being First Nations, Métis and Newcomers—particularly young families. At the same time there are changing expectations of the role museums play in communities. No longer are they able to simply remain storehouses of old things. Increasingly, museums are expected to be actively engaged in developing their community.
Museums must include and reflect the diversity of their community—culturally, socially, demographically.
Join MAS in Prince Albert at our 2016 Conference & AGM as we begin the discussion on what an inclusive museum looks like and how museums are adapting to the changing expectations in an increasingly diverse world.
Wednesday, May 25
- 7:30 pm Welcome Reception, Prince Albert Historical Museum, 10 River St East
Thursday, May 26
- 8:00 - 9:00 am Registration Opens; Breakfast
- 9:00 - 9:30 am Elder Welcome and Blessing
- 9:30 - 10:30 am Keynote Address Linda Norris
- 11:00 - 11:45 am Concurrent Sessions
- 11:45 am - 12:30 pm Concurrent Sessions
- Lunch SaskCulture Diversity Strategy
- 1:30 - 2:30 pm Members’ Forum
- 2:45 - 4:00 pm AGM
- 6:00 pm Banquet, Entertainment
Friday, May 27
- 9:00 am - 3:00 pm Bus Tour
- 7:00 pm Evening Social, The Mann Gallery, 142-12th Street West
Saturday, May 28
- 8:00 - 9:00 am Breakfast
- 9:00 - 10:00 am Office of the Treaty Commissioner
- 10:15 - 11:15 am Multicultural Council of Saskatchewan (MCoS)
- 11:30 - noon Wrap Up
- Keynote Speaker: Linda Norris
- Ern Bieman, CHIN
- Kristin Catherwood, Heritage Saskatchewan
- Dean Kush, SaskCulture
- Harry Lafond, Office of the Treaty Commissioner
- Rhonda Rosenburg, MCoS
The Prince Albert Inn is the location for the Annual General Meeting and Conference. The Inn is located at 3680 2nd Ave. West, in Prince Albert.
We have also reserved a block of rooms for those in need of accommodations. Rooms are available for $110/night plus taxes and reservations can be made by phoning the hotel at 1-306-922-5000 or 1-800-922-5855 toll free.
Due to limited space, it is recommended to book your room as soon as possible. Rooms will be released on May 13.