Arts Educator - Allen Sapp Gallery
- Assist the Curator/Manager in administering public programming; collections/exhibitions/curatorial activities and the general operations of the galleries by following the guidelines outlined in the Saskatchewan Museum Standards and the City of North Battleford Gallery Policies.
- Assists, writes, edits, and prepares accurate marketing and communications for the galleries and its events and programs.
- Assist with the installation/de-installation and shipping of exhibitions, including curatorial activities following the guidelines of the Saskatchewan Museums Standards and best practices in handling database systems, collections care and preservation.
- Develop programs that meet the mandate and vision of the galleries, and serves to expand our galleries’ diverse audience, including children, youth, adults, cultural groups, at all skill levels.
- Develops programs that connect to Saskatchewan Learning Curriculum and promotes these programs to teachers and schools in a timely manner.
- Responsible for scheduling and coordinating school groups, group tours, and public programming activities and informs the Curator/Manager of staffing and supply needs
- Customer Service activities and tasks, such as greeting visitors, providing exhibition introductions, public speaking and guided public tours
- Oversees and monitors programming staff, volunteers, and visitors.
- Monitors gallery membership and execute initiatives that increase membership.
- Assist the Curator/Manager with grant writing and subsequent data collection and reporting as required.
- Actively seek grant opportunities that supports the galleries programs.
- Participate in gallery janitorial duties.
- A minimum of 2 years’ Post-Secondary education in education, History, Fine Arts, or other related fields.
- Previous experience in arts administration would be considered an asset, including program development, program planning, communications, project planning, grant writing and reporting, contract preparation, data collection, and evaluation strategies.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Highly organized.
- Basic computer skills including knowledge of Work, Excel and Point of Sale system
- Experience with SMART Board, Adobe Illustrator and Elements an asset
- Experience in graphic arts would be considered an asset.
- Experience in writing, designing, and preparing newsletters.
- Past experience in art classes would be considered an asset.
- Experience with social media marketing.
- Ability to deliver art educational programming to children, youth and adults
Wages: Per CUPE Agreement – $21.74/hr
Commencement: To be arranged
Applicants must submit detailed resume by January 28th, 2018 by 4:30PM however if a suitable candidate is not found, competition will remain open until the position is filled. Apply to: Department of Human Resources, City of North Battleford, P.O. Box 460, S9A 2Y6, Fax: (306) 445-0411, email: firstname.lastname@example.org