Education/Public Programs Assistant – Summer Position - WESTERN DEVELOPMENT MUSEUM – MOOSE JAW
Reporting to the Education/Public Programs Co-ordinator, the Education/Public Programs Assistant will be responsible for the development and delivery of two (2) summer weekend programs. They will also assist with school programs, public programs and special events as necessary. Weekend work is required. Only students continuing full-time post-secondary studies in the fall semester will be considered.
• Develop and implement two (2) weekend programs o Determine and evaluate possible organizational partnerships
o Assess needs of Museum visitors
o Assess volunteer and staff requirement
o Identify applicable artifacts to highlight
o Determine appropriate activities
o Develop budget and marketing plan
• Contribute to reviews of Museum educational and public programming activities
• Participate in the day to day operation of the Museum o Visitor Services
o Implementation of established Museum educational programming and special events
o Conduct school and public tours
• Minimum two (2) years of post-secondary education in a related field of study, preferably Education
• Self-motivated and able to work independently
• Willing to work weekends
• Have a proven interest in Saskatchewan and Canadian history
• Have a proven interest in education and working with children
• Have superb organizational skills
• Have excellent written and oral communication skills
Employee Benefits Plan as per WDM Employees’ Handbook.
Term: May 7, 2018 to August 25, 2018
Hours: 8 hours per day – 40 hours per week, will include weekends
The successful candidate will be required to undergo a criminal record check
Application deadline: April 15, 2018
Education/Public Programs Assistant Selection Committee
Western Development Museum – Moose Jaw
50 Diefenbaker Drive
Moose Jaw, SK S6J 1L9
By E-mail: email@example.com
Written or email applications only, please.
Only applications selected for an interview will be contacted.
The WDM will conduct a screening process that is fair and equitable