Gallery Assistant - Gordon Snelgrove Gallery - Saskatoon
The Gordon Snelgrove Gallery is a public gallery and a teaching facility in the Department of Art + Art History, University of Saskatchewan. It hosts over 40 exhibitions/year and curates a collection of art. The Gallery Assistant works with artists, documents artwork and public lectures, edits, processes and disseminates video documents, curates and installs art from the collection, registers artwork on an industry-standard collection database and contributes to the overall operations of the gallery.
This is a 12-week contract running from May 11 through July 31, 2018.
Qualifications: working toward a degree in: Visual Art, Art History, Cultural Studies or related discipline. Should have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. French competence is an asset. Computer skills: text, data and image-manipulation software (e.g.: MS Word, Adobe Photoshop, iMovie, MS Excel etc.). Ability to self-manage, problem-solve and work both independently and with others.
This position is supported by Young Canada Works (YCW). Candidates must:
• be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident, or have refugee status in Canada.
• Note: Non-Canadian students or graduates holding temporary work visas or awaiting permanent
status are not eligible.
• be legally entitled to work in Canada.
• be between 16 and 30 years of age at the start of employment.
• have finished the school term at the start of employment.
• meet the specific eligibility criteria of the program to which you apply.
• be registered in the YCW online candidate inventory.
• be willing to commit to the full duration of the work assignment.
• not have another full-time job (over 30 hours a week) while employed with YCW.
• The deadline to apply for this position is: Thursday, April 26, 11:59pm (CST).
• Applications are only accepted electronically.
• Please include a resume/CV and a one-page cover letter.
• Address the application to:
Marcus Miller, Director, Gordon Snelgrove Gallery,
Department of Art + Art History, University of Saskatchewan
$15/hr, 30.75 hrs/week average, 12 wk contract, May 11 – August 5, 2019.