Office Manager - Nutrien Children’s Discovery Museum
The new Nutrien Children’s Discovery Museum is looking for a new team member to help our organization as we transition into our new home at the Mendel building. Our mission is to nurture creativity, curiosity, and a lifelong love of learning in children. Our team members are energetic and adaptive professionals who are excited by the changes taking place in our organization as we evolve into a world-class children’s museum.
If you feel that this position may be right for you, please submit a resume, cover letter, and three professional references to Amanda.email@example.com by 11pm on January 21.
POSITION: Office Manager
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: full-time temporary, 10 month term position
START DATE: February 15, 2018 PAY SCALE: $18 – 20 per hour, DOE
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for business management of the agency under the direction of the Executive Director. Assist management staff, manage bookkeeping, responsible for overall functioning of the office during business hours.
- General clerical duties to include: correspondence, statistical and narrative reports, informational and record keeping data, maintaining filing systems for personnel, and donors; updating mailing lists, and responsible for inventory and ordering office supplies.
- Handle incoming and outgoing phone calls at the discretion of the Executive Director.
- Responsible for daily pick up, delivery, and processing of mail.
- Process all funding requests, grant documentation, and grant reports.
5. Maintain all accounts, cheque books and deposit books.
6. Accounting for all grants in accordance with financial requirements of the respective funding agency.
7. Work directly with the Board Treasurer, overseeing bookkeeping activities:
- Assist with reporting for grants and contracts
- Conduct bill preparation, ensuring all bills are paid in a timely and appropriate manner
- Process accounts payable, generate and process accounts receivable
- Process timesheets, payroll, and benefits
- Submit funding requests in a timely manner
- Issue charitable receipts for donations
- Complete bank reconciliations and credit card reconciliations monthly
- Petty cash reconciliation/confirmation
- Preparation of monthly interim financial statements including general ledger, profit and loss, balance sheet
- Remittance of PST and GST as required
- Maintain and update museum’s ISC corporate registry profile
- Maintain and administer the CDM’s GST/HST with Canada Revenue Agency
- Assist with yearly audit as required
- Capitalization of fixed asset additions during capital project
- Issue T4A-NR ta slips and summary as well as T4s
- Complete annual T3010 CRA return
8. Attend scheduled staff meetings, Board meetings, and required in-service training.
9. Prepare minutes for staff meetings and Board meetings.
10. Assist executive staff in scheduling and correspondence.
11. Any additional duties as requested by the Executive Director.
Experience in office management and non-profit accounting preferred. Must be well organized and efficient in typing, basic computer knowledge, bookkeeping with Quickbooks, and general office skills. Must be pleasant mannered in dealing with public and representing agency, work well under stress and must be able to work well independently.
SUPERVISOR: Executive Director