Visitor Services Associate - Western Development Musuem North Battleford
Under the direct supervision of the Administrative Assistant/Gift Shop Manager and working cooperatively with all members of the Customer Service Team, the Visitor Services Associate is responsible for ensuring guests have a positive museum experience. The Visitor Services Associate creates a welcoming museum atmosphere, provides exceptional reception and gift shop services and assists with museum programming and rentals as required.
1. Visitor Services
• Provides exceptional customer service by greeting visitors appropriately, orienting them
to the Museum, and addressing any questions or concerns.
• Engages visitors by providing information about the Museum’s galleries and highlighting
things to see and do during their visit.
• Assists guests by responding to questions and providing information on the WDM,
volunteer opportunities and local tourist information.
• Actively promotes and sells WDM memberships.
• Assists with the operation of the gift shop, programming activities and rentals as
2. Reception and Gift Shop Services
• Coordinates reception and gift shop services including;
o Opening and closing procedures for the reception desk and gift shop.
o Answering phones in a professional manner, and routing calls as necessary.
• Processes retail, admission, rentals, donations and membership sales appropriately and
accurately through the WDM’s POS system.
• Ensures the Gift Shop is properly maintained including, stocking supplies, maintaining
inventory, and cleaning to optimize the appearance of the retail sales floor and all
• Maintain a clean, organized, and safe work environment.
• Maintains accurate attendance and sales records.
• Observe safety and risk management procedures in public areas and work spaces.
• General office and other duties as assigned.
The wage is $11.50 - $14.50 per hour. This is a part-time position.
Full details available at: https://wdm.ca/careers/
Please send your application to:
Visitor Services Associate Selection Committee
Western Development Museum
P.O. Box 183
Jct Hwy 16 & 40
North Battleford, SK S9A 2Y1