Museum Services Directory
The directory is a helpful listing of companies, consultants, and organizations that offer direct services to assist museums. It aims to assist our institutions and museum practitioners throughout the province who seek expertise and guidance in key museum function areas like conservation, exhibit design and planning, collections management, governance and more.
Thunder Spirit Consulting
- Category: Board and Governance, Collections Management, First Nations, Community Engagement and Organizational Change, Planning, Event and Project Management, Sustainability, Management and Human Resources, Metis, Museum Programming, Research
- Description: Thunder Spirit Consulting offers a range of customized services focusing on First Nations culture. Our primary goal is to facilitate dialogue, create pragmatic sustainable relationships and opportunities between the First Nations Community and interested organizations allowing all voices to be heard. policy development & analysis, strategic planning, workshops : consultation, community engagement & relationship building, protocol, repatriation, interpretation & programming and more. We invite anyone wishing to balance First Nations considerations in a successful respectful manner to meet with us.
- Phone: (306) 370-7257
- Email: email@example.com
- Web: http://www.thunderspiritconsulting.ca
- Category: Exhibits
- Description: Interpretive Planning: identifying key exhibit stories and recommending storytelling strategies
Researching/Writing/Editing Services (interpretive panels, videos, educational resources)
Project Management Services (exhibits, oral histories, websites, videos)
Clients: Community museums, science centres, halls of fame, galleries
- Phone: (416) 694-4160
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Category: Collections Management, Exhibits, First Nations, Event and Project Management, Metis, Museum Programming, Research
- Description: Consulting and training on museology topics related to First Nation and Metis exhibits and collections including but not limited to: exhibit development, curation, collections management, educational programming, policy development, repatriation.
- Phone: (306) 249-5415 cell: (306) 202-7654
- Email: email@example.com
Canadian Conservation Institute
Candace Tangorra Matelic, Ph.D.
- Category: Board and Governance, Community Engagement and Organizational Change, Planning, Management and Human Resources, Museum Programming
- Description: CTM Professional Services works with museums, sites, cultural organizations and nonprofits to engage their communities, focus on what matters to people, and transform their identities and operations towards relevancy and sustainability. Services include consulting, coaching, facilitation, teaching, and planning in: community engagement, organizational development, workforce development, shared vision and strategy, interpretation and programs, and master site development.
- Phone: (843) 655-0216
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: http://www.transformorg.com
Carrie Brooks-Joiner & Associates
- Category: Board and Governance
- Description: Carrie Brooks-Joiner & Associates specializes in supporting the arts, culture and heritage priorities of non-profit organizations and municipalities. The firm brings expertise in strategic and cultural planning, improving governance and facilitating decision making. Whether working with one organization, a network, or a community, Carrie Brooks-Joiner & Associates is known for developing custom processes that fit the client and practical outcomes.
- Phone: (905) 637-5338
- Email: email@example.com
Catherine C. Cole, Principal Consultant, Catherine C. Cole & Associates
- Category: Board and Governance, Planning, Research
- Description: With more than 30 years experience, Catherine has been the principal consultant for numerous strategic pans, feasibility studies, board governance process, policies, program reviews, and material culture research and exhibition projects for museums, galleries, and related organizations throughout Canada.
- Phone: (780) 424-2229
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dalley-Froggatt Heritage Conservation Services
- Category: Conservation, Planning, Museum Supplies
- Description: DFHCS provides expert conservation and high quality products that assist in the preservation, display and accessibility of heritage, museum and archival collections in a practical and cost-effective manner. We offer preservation assessments, policy preparation, facilities planning, treatments, workshops and collections surveys. We can also assist you with exhibit design, environmental monitoring, pest management, staff training and disaster preparedness.
- Phone: (204) 223-3056
- Email: email@example.com
- Web: http://www.dfhcs.com/
Dorfman Museum Figures, Inc.
- Category: Collections Management, Conservation, Exhibits, Planning, Museum Supplies
Additional Categories: Storage Systems, Mobile Shelving
Foothills Systems specializes in complete service solution, specifically for Museums, Archives and Collections. Our specialists can help you maximize your productivity by organizing, securing and protecting your collection – all while reducing your storage footprint.
Foothills Systems also distributes Gaylord exclusively in Western Canada. Ask how you can realize your vision for a captivating new exhibit for less than you thought possible.
From concept, to completion and beyond, Foothills Systems is dedicated to working with you to maximize the potential of your space.
- Phone: (800) 789-5956
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: http://www.stelterr.com/
- Category: Publishing
- Description: Are you or is someone in your community thinking of publishing a community, ogranization, or family history book? Friesens can help you. Friesens is the only book manufacturer in Canada that offers a complete history book program including local workshops and a step-by-step kit to guide committees in their work.
- Phone: (204) 284-2855
- Email: email@example.com
- Web: http://www.friesens.com/Historybook/saskatchewanmanitoba.asp
- Category: Conservation, Exhibits, Museum Supplies
- Description: Exclusive Western Canada Gaylord Agent. Providing consultation and products for archives and display. Ask your products consultant for details on how we can work with you to protect preserve, display and store your collections
- Phone: (800) 465-5759
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: http://www.foothillssystems.ca
Keepsake Microclimate Systems
- Category: Planning, Event and Project Management, Marketing and Promotions, Research
- Description: Sound recording, museum electronics design, script writing, video production, and sound effects.
- Phone: cell (306) 630-5408
- Email: email@example.com
Laurie Artiss Ltd. - The Pin People - Barry Taman - General Sales Manager
- Category: Marketing and Promotions
- Description: Laurie Artiss Ltd. - The Pin People from Regina, Sk. have been designing and producing custom lapel pins for local associations, museums, schools, towns and conferences for more than 35 years. The highlight of those years is having produced official pins for the recent 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympic Games!
From our humble start in 1976, we have also made pins for churches, curling clubs and special events which include pins for: Sask Sports Hall of Fame and the Royal Saskatchewan Museum.
Since pins are all we do, our customers get our undivided attention!
I would be please to provide you on a free quote for any lapel pins you may require.
Visit us on the web at www.thepinpeople.ca or give me a call for a quote and ask us for our non-profit association discount.
- Phone: (306) 569-1550 or 800-667-8168
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: http://www.thepinpeople.ca
Lundholm Associates Architects
- Category: Management and Human Resources
- Description: Lundholm Associates Architects is an architectural practice oriented to projects in the cultural sector including museums, libraries, archives, and galleries. The practice combines design work with consultancy on planning and programming issues.
- Phone: (416) 596-7400
- Email: email@example.com
- Web: http://www.Lundholm.ca
Noordman Graphics Ltd.
- Category: Marketing and Promotions
- Description: The creation and print production of event admission tickets, scratch and win game cards, seed packages, plastic printed products, business forms and I-pop roll up displays.
- Phone: (306) 241-7148
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: http://www.noordmangraphics.com/
oh my! solutions inc.
- Category: Event and Project Management
- Description: The Owners & Managers of oh my! solutions inc., Olivia Shumski & Yvonne Gray, have extensive experience in managing all types and sizes of projects and events. They have more than 50 years of experience acquired through work in the non-profit and business sectors, with the Government of Saskatchewan, and through volunteer activities.
- Phone: Olivia Shumski (cell): (306) 527-0520 Yvonne Gray (cell): (306) 537-8220
- Email: email@example.com
- Web: http://www.ohmysolutions.com
PastPerfect Museum Software
- Category: Collections Management
- Description: Offers affordable software products for museums. Provides collection management software to organizations around the world. This software can help you to catalog, share your collection and manage contacts, members, donors and more.
- Phone: (709) 722-9034
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: http://www.museumsoftware.com/
- Category: Marketing and Promotions
- Description: Promo1Canada provides target specific Branded Product Solutions. One area we specialize in is the non-profit market segment were we offer deep discounts to support the "not for profit" initiative! By registering to receive our E-Special all non-profits will receive an additional 10% discount. Just email email@example.com and type in the subject line "Yes, I'd like to receive your E-Specials". That's it!
- Phone: (877) 703-9460 ext.6501
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: http://www.promo1canada.com
- Category: Board and Governance, Planning, Sustainability, Marketing and Promotions, Research
Additional categories: Cultural Tourism
Terry has been working the Saskatchewan’s cultural sector since 1982. Her consulting firm, established in 1997, specializes in market research, strategic planning, and organizational development for groups and businesses in the culture and tourism sectors.
- Phone: (306) 665-5718
- Email: email@example.com
- Web: http://www.terryschwalm.com
- Category: Planning, Museum Programming
Tracey a certified heritage interpreter offers 11 years of educational and public programming experience in museums. Will provide personal and nonpersonal interpretation, using a variety of learning methods to develop programs ready for delivery by museum staff.
- Phone: 867-335-6433
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Category: Collections Management
- Description: GCI is primarily a developer of software application packages specifically designed for museums/art galleries, archive management (current, intermediate and permanent) and documentation centres.
- Phone: (418) 683-8383
- Email: email@example.com
- Web: http://www.gci.ca
- Category: Board and Governance, Exhibits, Sustainability, Museum Programming, Research
- Description: WorldViews Consulting is a private consulting company established in 2007 by Glenn Sutter (Regina) and Douglas Worts (Toronto). Drawing on over 35 years experience with museums and cultural industries, their mission is to foster "cultures of sustainability" that enhance quality of life, within the limits of Nature. Their services include: keynote addresses and workshops on sustainability, adaptive renewal and the role of culture and creativity in our lives; visioning sessions and strategic planning; assessments of existing operations; and the development of sustainability indicators and other resource materials.
- Phone: daytime (306) 787-2859; evenings and weekends (306) 522-7670
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: http://worldviewsconsulting.org/
Register Your Services
We welcome submissions from companies or consultants with expertise in the arts, culture, and heritage field. We also welcome submissions from MAS members who wish to volunteer their time and expertise to assist other MAS members throughout the province. If you wish to register your services in the Museum Services Directory, please complete and submit the following form by email to email@example.com.
The directory is provided as a convenience for our members and listings are not an endorsement by the Museums Association of Saskatchewan. MAS is not responsible for the content of any links or information within each listing. MAS is not responsible for any agreements made between consultant and museum. It is expected the consultant and museum will develop agreements, including fees, concerning services. Any individual and/or company listing is responsible for informing MAS of current contact information and description of services/areas of specialization.
For more information about the Museum Services Directory, please contact:
Museums Association of Saskatchewan
phone #: 306-780-9279
toll free # in SK: 1-866-568-7386