Museum Services Directory
The directory is a helpful listing of companies, consultants, and organizations that offer direct services to assist museums. It aims to assist our institutions and museum practitioners throughout the province who seek expertise and guidance in key museum function areas like conservation, exhibit design and planning, collections management, governance and more.
Thunder Spirit Consulting
- Category: Board and Governance, Collections Management, First Nations, Community Engagement and Organizational Change, Planning, Event and Project Management, Sustainability, Management and Human Resources, Metis, Museum Programming, Research
- Description: Thunder Spirit Consulting offers a range of customized services focusing on First Nations culture. Our primary goal is to facilitate dialogue, create pragmatic sustainable relationships and opportunities between the First Nations Community and interested organizations allowing all voices to be heard. policy development & analysis, strategic planning, workshops : consultation, community engagement & relationship building, protocol, repatriation, interpretation & programming and more. We invite anyone wishing to balance First Nations considerations in a successful respectful manner to meet with us.
- Phone: (306) 370-7257
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: http://www.thunderspiritconsulting.ca
- Category: Exhibits
- Description: Interpretive Planning: identifying key exhibit stories and recommending storytelling strategies
Researching/Writing/Editing Services (interpretive panels, videos, educational resources)
Project Management Services (exhibits, oral histories, websites, videos)
Clients: Community museums, science centres, halls of fame, galleries
- Phone: (416) 694-4160
- Email: email@example.com
- Category: Collections Management, Exhibits, First Nations, Event and Project Management, Metis, Museum Programming, Research
- Description: Consulting and training on museology topics related to First Nation and Metis exhibits and collections including but not limited to: exhibit development, curation, collections management, educational programming, policy development, repatriation.
- Phone: (306) 249-5415 cell: (306) 202-7654
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Canadian Conservation Institute
Candace Tangorra Matelic, Ph.D.
- Category: Board and Governance, Community Engagement and Organizational Change, Planning, Management and Human Resources, Museum Programming
- Description: CTM Professional Services works with museums, sites, cultural organizations and nonprofits to engage their communities, focus on what matters to people, and transform their identities and operations towards relevancy and sustainability. Services include consulting, coaching, facilitation, teaching, and planning in: community engagement, organizational development, workforce development, shared vision and strategy, interpretation and programs, and master site development.
- Phone: (843) 655-0216
- Email: email@example.com
- Web: http://www.transformorg.com
Carrie Brooks-Joiner & Associates
- Category: Board and Governance
- Description: Carrie Brooks-Joiner & Associates specializes in supporting the arts, culture and heritage priorities of non-profit organizations and municipalities. The firm brings expertise in strategic and cultural planning, improving governance and facilitating decision making. Whether working with one organization, a network, or a community, Carrie Brooks-Joiner & Associates is known for developing custom processes that fit the client and practical outcomes.
- Phone: (905) 637-5338
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Catherine C. Cole, Principal Consultant, Catherine C. Cole & Associates
- Category: Board and Governance, Planning, Research
- Description: With more than 30 years experience, Catherine has been the principal consultant for numerous strategic pans, feasibility studies, board governance process, policies, program reviews, and material culture research and exhibition projects for museums, galleries, and related organizations throughout Canada.
- Phone: (780) 424-2229
- Email: email@example.com
Dalley-Froggatt Heritage Conservation Services
- Category: Conservation, Planning, Museum Supplies
- Description: DFHCS provides expert conservation and high quality products that assist in the preservation, display and accessibility of heritage, museum and archival collections in a practical and cost-effective manner. We offer preservation assessments, policy preparation, facilities planning, treatments, workshops and collections surveys. We can also assist you with exhibit design, environmental monitoring, pest management, staff training and disaster preparedness.
- Phone: (204) 223-3056
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: http://www.dfhcs.com/
Dorfman Museum Figures, Inc.
- Category: Exhibits
Expographiq excels at planning, creating, building, delivering and installing museum exhibits, visitor centres, interpretive centres and much more. We work directly with museum staff and collaborate closely with exhibit design firms, interpretive planners and project managers who work in the cultural and attractions markets.
Contact person: Sophie Cormier
- Phone: (819) 770-5167 x272
- Email: email@example.com
- Web: www.expo.ca
- Category: Collections Management, Conservation, Exhibits, Planning, Museum Supplies
Additional Categories: Storage Systems, Mobile Shelving
Foothills Systems specializes in complete service solution, specifically for Museums, Archives and Collections. Our specialists can help you maximize your productivity by organizing, securing and protecting your collection – all while reducing your storage footprint.
Foothills Systems also distributes Gaylord exclusively in Western Canada. Ask how you can realize your vision for a captivating new exhibit for less than you thought possible.
From concept, to completion and beyond, Foothills Systems is dedicated to working with you to maximize the potential of your space.
- Phone: (800) 789-5956
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: http://www.stelterr.com/
- Category: Publishing
- Description: Are you or is someone in your community thinking of publishing a community, ogranization, or family history book? Friesens can help you. Friesens is the only book manufacturer in Canada that offers a complete history book program including local workshops and a step-by-step kit to guide committees in their work.
- Phone: (204) 284-2855
- Email: email@example.com
- Web: http://www.friesens.com/Historybook/saskatchewanmanitoba.asp
- Category: Conservation, Exhibits, Museum Supplies
- Description: Exclusive Western Canada Gaylord Agent. Providing consultation and products for archives and display. Ask your products consultant for details on how we can work with you to protect preserve, display and store your collections
- Phone: (800) 465-5759
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: http://www.foothillssystems.ca
Judy Oberlander and Associates Inc.
- Category: Board and Governance, Community Engagement and Organizational Change, Planning, Event and Project Management, Management and Human Resources
Judy Oberlander and Associates Inc. focuses on the design of education programs including fundraising strategies for nonprofit organizations, foundations and government agencies in the areas of museums, arts & culture and heritage conservation. Through her consulting practice and her mid-career workshops, Judy has worked with museums, historic sites and cultural organizations in many parts of Canada. She specializes in the design of customized workshops on fundraising strategies, board governance and communications to address the key roles which board members and staff of cultural institutions play in strengthening their organizations.
- Phone: 778-688-1550
- Email: email@example.com
Keepsake Microclimate Systems
- Category: Planning, Event and Project Management, Marketing and Promotions, Research
- Description: Sound recording, museum electronics design, script writing, video production, and sound effects.
- Phone: cell (306) 630-5408
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Category: Marketing and Promotions, Museum Programming
Additional category: Entertainment for special events
Saskatchewan Roots Western Singer/Songwriter Recording Artist with a strong interest in history looking to work together with museums in any setting that they would need live music for. Perform as solo, duet or full band allowing to tailor entertainment to specific needs.
- Phone: (306) 989-4696, (306) 961-4694
- Email: email@example.com
- Web: http://www.larrykrause.ca
Laurie Artiss Ltd. - The Pin People - Barry Taman - General Sales Manager
- Category: Marketing and Promotions
- Description: Laurie Artiss Ltd. - The Pin People from Regina, Sk. have been designing and producing custom lapel pins for local associations, museums, schools, towns and conferences for more than 35 years. The highlight of those years is having produced official pins for the recent 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympic Games!
From our humble start in 1976, we have also made pins for churches, curling clubs and special events which include pins for: Sask Sports Hall of Fame and the Royal Saskatchewan Museum.
Since pins are all we do, our customers get our undivided attention!
I would be please to provide you on a free quote for any lapel pins you may require.
Visit us on the web at www.thepinpeople.ca or give me a call for a quote and ask us for our non-profit association discount.
- Phone: (306) 569-1550 or 800-667-8168
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: http://www.thepinpeople.ca
Lundholm Associates Architects
- Category: Management and Human Resources
- Description: Lundholm Associates Architects is an architectural practice oriented to projects in the cultural sector including museums, libraries, archives, and galleries. The practice combines design work with consultancy on planning and programming issues.
- Phone: (416) 596-7400
- Email: email@example.com
- Web: http://www.Lundholm.ca
Noordman Graphics Ltd.
- Category: Marketing and Promotions
- Description: The creation and print production of event admission tickets, scratch and win game cards, seed packages, plastic printed products, business forms and I-pop roll up displays.
- Phone: (306) 241-7148
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: http://www.noordmangraphics.com/
oh my! solutions inc.
- Category: Event and Project Management
- Description: The Owners & Managers of oh my! solutions inc., Olivia Shumski & Yvonne Gray, have extensive experience in managing all types and sizes of projects and events. They have more than 50 years of experience acquired through work in the non-profit and business sectors, with the Government of Saskatchewan, and through volunteer activities.
- Phone: Olivia Shumski (cell): (306) 527-0520 Yvonne Gray (cell): (306) 537-8220
- Email: email@example.com
- Web: http://www.ohmysolutions.com
PastPerfect Museum Software
- Category: Collections Management
- Description: Offers affordable software products for museums. Provides collection management software to organizations around the world. This software can help you to catalog, share your collection and manage contacts, members, donors and more.
- Phone: (709) 722-9034
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: http://www.museumsoftware.com/
- Category: Marketing and Promotions
- Description: Promo1Canada provides target specific Branded Product Solutions. One area we specialize in is the non-profit market segment were we offer deep discounts to support the "not for profit" initiative! By registering to receive our E-Special all non-profits will receive an additional 10% discount. Just email email@example.com and type in the subject line "Yes, I'd like to receive your E-Specials". That's it!
- Phone: (877) 703-9460 ext.6501
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: http://www.promo1canada.com
Sandra Morton Weizman
- Category: Collections Management, Exhibits, First Nations, Community Engagement and Organizational Change, Planning, Event and Project Management, Museum Programming, Research
- Description: Sandra Morton Weizman is a Calgary-based museum and heritage consultant. She has 35 years of museum experience and offers services in the areas of exhibition planning, curating, interpretive planning, curriculum development and teaching, collections management and public programming, staff training, policy writing and revisions, and project management.
- Phone: (403) 238-1734
- Email: email@example.com
Square Flo New Media
- Category: Marketing and Promotions
Other Categories: Website Design, Communication, Consulting
Squareflo New Media Inc. was established in 2005 and is locally owned and operated in Regina, SK. We specialize in web design and redesign, the fact that we love what we do is something you'll discover if you choose to work with us. At Squareflo we believe that people judge a book by its cover, which is why they judge your business by its website. We're here to help you get a good website that is easy to update and does not cost an arm and a leg. Once you have a good website, we'll empower you to
keep its content fresh and relevant. Thanks to our user-friendly on-line content management system (CMS), our clients are able to take care of their own web updates from anywhere in the world without any third party software or specialized training. We invite you to meet us in person at our studio in downtown Regina or at your office over the phone to discuss you web design needs.
- Phone: (306) 535-1444
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: http://www.squareflo.com
- Category: Board and Governance, Planning, Sustainability, Marketing and Promotions, Research
Additional categories: Cultural Tourism
Terry has been working the Saskatchewan’s cultural sector since 1982. Her consulting firm, established in 1997, specializes in market research, strategic planning, and organizational development for groups and businesses in the culture and tourism sectors.
- Phone: (306) 665-5718
- Email: email@example.com
- Web: http://www.terryschwalm.com
- Category: Planning, Museum Programming
Tracey a certified heritage interpreter offers 11 years of educational and public programming experience in museums. Will provide personal and nonpersonal interpretation, using a variety of learning methods to develop programs ready for delivery by museum staff.
- Phone: 867-335-6433
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Category: Collections Management
- Description: GCI is primarily a developer of software application packages specifically designed for museums/art galleries, archive management (current, intermediate and permanent) and documentation centres.
- Phone: (418) 683-8383
- Email: email@example.com
- Web: http://www.gci.ca
- Category: Board and Governance, Exhibits, Sustainability, Museum Programming, Research
- Description: WorldViews Consulting is a private consulting company established in 2007 by Glenn Sutter (Regina) and Douglas Worts (Toronto). Drawing on over 35 years experience with museums and cultural industries, their mission is to foster "cultures of sustainability" that enhance quality of life, within the limits of Nature. Their services include: keynote addresses and workshops on sustainability, adaptive renewal and the role of culture and creativity in our lives; visioning sessions and strategic planning; assessments of existing operations; and the development of sustainability indicators and other resource materials.
- Phone: daytime (306) 787-2859; evenings and weekends (306) 522-7670
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: http://worldviewsconsulting.org/
Register Your Services
We welcome submissions from companies or consultants with expertise in the arts, culture, and heritage field. We also welcome submissions from MAS members who wish to volunteer their time and expertise to assist other MAS members throughout the province. If you wish to register your services in the Museum Services Directory, please complete and submit the following form by email to email@example.com.
The directory is provided as a convenience for our members and listings are not an endorsement by the Museums Association of Saskatchewan. MAS is not responsible for the content of any links or information within each listing. MAS is not responsible for any agreements made between consultant and museum. It is expected the consultant and museum will develop agreements, including fees, concerning services. Any individual and/or company listing is responsible for informing MAS of current contact information and description of services/areas of specialization.
For more information about the Museum Services Directory, please contact:
Museums Association of Saskatchewan
phone #: 306-780-9279
toll free # in SK: 1-866-568-7386