Kamsack Powerhouse Museum
The former Power Building is a Municipal Heritage Property featuring a one-storey industrial building constructed of brick, which now serves as the museum.
The heritage value of the Former Power Building lies in its architecture. Constructed in 1914-1915 and designed to house the municipal generators, the functional design of this building nevertheless incorporates decorative elements that exude stability and modernity. The locally manufactured brick work incorporates several elements that mimic frame-design, a common industrial design prior to brick construction.
The museum contains a generator that supplied Kamsack with electricity from 1915-1960, blacksmith tools, a collection of barber's artifacts, a tailor's sewing machine brought from Bavaria and more.
Collection Highlights: One of 3 left, Mirrless, Bickerton & Day 200 horsepower, cylinder engine / Well known Wildlife artist, James Carson - pictures he drew of birds in the late 50's / Poplar Point country school, refurbished / Displays of Russian, Ukrainian, Chinese Heritages
Centennial Park - North of Highway #5 on the outskirts of Kamsack
May – September
Open 9am - 5pm daily, May thru September.
Admission: Adults $3.00 / Children under 12 are free