SaskCollections Phase 7 Open for Applications - Apply by June 28
This year MAS is looking for new museums to join the SaskCollections Database. You do not need to already have a digital database to join; just an interest in working towards developing one.
Why join the SaskCollections Program?
• The database is completely online, so you can access it from anywhere you have internet
• MAS provides the software, so there is limited cost to the Museum
• Helps your museums to manage useable information about your collections
• Extremely effective tool of organizing, arranging, preserving, and display artifacts in your collections
• MAS has a back-up server where your information is stored as part of fees, so you don’t have to worry about losing your data
• Access to comprehensive support, both online resources and via our Museum Advisor, Kathleen
• Optional: Create a front-end webpage to share your collection with the world via the internet (See MAS’s at http://saskcollections.org) as part as your annual fees
Requirements for Participation:
• 2-3 dedicated staff/volunteers
• Staff/volunteers must be available for training
• Museums must be already organizing the collection in accordance with the Collections Documentation Manual for Saskatchewan Museums.
• A high-speed internet connection and an up-to-date computer
• Museums must contribute $125/year for data storage fees
Check out the Demo Database:
Our demo database can be found at http://test.saskcollections.org
User Name: Administrator Password: test
Initial Cost: $200 (Nomenclature 4.0, Storage Fees and Data Transfer Fees)
Each January After: $125.00 (Data Storage Fees)
How to Apply:
Click the link and fill in our short application form: https://forms.gle/EznNJd3XT97gz1QC6
Questions? Comments? Concerns?
If you have comments, questions, or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact Kathleen (Museums Advisor) at firstname.lastname@example.org or 306-780-9266.