Re-Org: Canada (Prairies and North) 2018-2019 - DEADLINE EXTENDED - Aug. 13!
What is Re-Org: Prairies and the North?
Re-Org: Prairies and the North, inspire a new generation of leaders in storage reorganization. Storage reorganization focuses on improving existing storage areas, not on planning and building new facilities.
Throughout the 14-month program, which includes individual work, a face-to-face practical training workshop and various online learning opportunities, up to six museums (two participants per museum) will prepare a condition report to identify the key issues affecting access and the overall preservation of their collection. They will then prepare a reorganization project and implement it. If your museum is selected, you will receive ongoing personalized support from CCI and you will be in contact (mainly virtually through teleconferencing) with the other participating museums throughout the program.
MAS will also be available to support you every step of the way!
Who should Apply:
- Small to medium-sized museums
- Have at least one, paid full time staff
- An addition, staff member or volunteer (or at a neighboring institution) to co-participate with
- Committing to be a resource to the Sask. Museum Network
- Comfortable with distance learning, including webinars, discussion forums, uploading/downloading documents and pictures
- Access to a computer with high-speed internet with webcam and telephone
On-Site RE-Org Program
The Registration Fee is approximately $1,500 per museum team (2 participates). This fee includes:
- access to all learning materials and tools
- access to the collective experience of past RE-ORG participants in Ontario, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island and Quebec through the closed RE-ORG: Canada Facebook group
- ongoing coaching support from CCI throughout the program
- one half-day visit from CCI at the “Condition Report” stage of the project
- a four-day advanced seminar:
Day 1-3: Practical workshop reserved to RE-ORG: Canada participating museums in which participants will work together to reorganize a storage area
Day 4: Conference open to a wider audience, where RE-ORG participants will present their respective projects and guest speakers from the region will be invited to share their experiences in various storage upgrade projects.
Funding sources include:
- Museums Grant Program (MGP) (Registration, Travel Costs and Equipment only)
- Museums Assistance Program (MAP),
- Canadian Museums Association’s (CMA) Mid-Career Professional Development Bursary or Emerging Professional Development Bursary.
- If you are a Canadian Association for Conservation (CAC) member, you may be eligible for a Professional Development Bursary.
DEADLINE EXTENDED! Applications Due: August 13, 2018 (Contact Simon or Kathleen for Application form)
Training dates: September 2018 to November 2019
RE-Org: Prairies and the North can be found at https://www.canada.ca/en/conservation-institute/services/workshops-conferences/advanced-professional-development-workshops/re-org-canada-prairies-north.html#a1
Re-Org Contact: MAS Contact:
Simon Lambert Kathleen Watkin
Senior Advisor, Collection Preservation Museums Advisor
Tel: 613-998-3721 x 255 306-780-9266