SaskCollections Phase 6: Call for Applications
This fall/winter 2018 MAS is continuing to expand its SaskCollections Project and we want you to join! We are looking for 5 new museums to join the movement! SaskCollections is an (almost) free collections management database system. If you already have a database (or a spreadsheet), we will coordinate the transfer of your records to the SaskCollections system. If you have paper records, we will make sure you know how to enter them into the system. MAS also provides training and advisory services to participating museums.
Why should you join the SaskCollections Program?
MAS has the software, so there is limited cost to the Museum
- Helps your museums to manage useable information about your collections
- Extremely effective tool of organizing, arranging, preserving, and display artifacts in your collections
- Helps you organize, arrange, preserve, and display artifacts in your collections
- MAS has a back-up server where your information is stored as part of fees
- Access to comprehensive support, both online resources and via our Museum Advisor, Kathleen
- Option to create a front-line webpage to share your collection with the world via the internet (See MAS’s at http://saskcollections.org) as part as your annual fees
Requirements for Participation:
- 2-3 dedicated staff/volunteers
- Staff/volunteers must be available for training
- Museums must be already organizing the collection in accordance with the Collections Documentation Manual for Saskatchewan Museums.
- Museums must have a high-speed internet connection and an up-to-date computer
- Museums must contribute $125/year for data storage fees
Initial Cost: $200 (Nomenclature 4.0, Storage Fees and Data Transfer Fees)
Each January After: $125.00 (Data Storage Fees)
How to Apply:
Please watch your e-mail and Ephemera for more information.
Or click the link: https://goo.gl/forms/6PBKQ9JfoBdNZSj43
Questions? Comments? Concerns?
If you have comments, questions, or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact Kathleen (Museums Advisor) at firstname.lastname@example.org or 306-780-9266