"To serve museums in Saskatchewan and work for their advancement."
Museums Association of Saskatchewan is a non-profit, collective
organization of over 200 member museums and a total membership over 400
(including individuals and associates). The Association is governed by
a Board of Directors representative of
the museum community. The board develops policy and staff are
responsible to the membership for programs and services that contribute
to the advancement of museums.
Saskatchewan's cultural and natural heritage will be preserved, understood and celebrated through a strong, vibrant museum community, valued and supported by society.
The Museums Association of Saskatchewan values:
- Commitment to the role of museums in the preservation and interpretation of heritage
- Relevancy to our communities
- Commitment to quality products and service
- Active involvement in our Association
- Common purpose within diversity
- Good governance
- Effective and efficient use of resources
- Flexibility, forward-thinking and planning
- Contributions of volunteer and paid museum workers
- Innovation and creativity
- Commitment to continuous learning
- Spirit of sharing and collaboration
- Acceptance of responsibility for our own development and improvement
(MAS Annual General Meeting, April 1998)