“Saskatchewan's cultural and natural heritage is preserved, understood, celebrated, valued and supported by society.”
“To serve museums in Saskatchewan and work for their advancement.”
- Stewardship Be active stewards of the collective well-being of museums in Saskatchewan.
- Leadership Consult and engage with museums to identify and respond to trends and issues proactively and work to achieve the greatest collective good.
- Inclusive Ensure all museums have the opportunity to share their successes and concerns.
- Respect Demonstrate respect and integrity in all MAS does.
- Accountability and Transparency Ensure that MAS, its operations and activities, are openly monitored, evaluated and communicated to the membership, partners and funders.
- Advocacy Be the collective voice of all museums in Saskatchewan.
- Excellence Constantly strive for and maintain standards of excellence with respect to all MAS activities.
1.) Community Leadership
Take the initiative to develop the communities of Saskatchewan by promoting and enhancing the presentation and conservation of our heritage.
- Be a collective voice for museums around the province in collaboration with partners.
- Relations with Government Agencies
- Provide analysis and support for museum transition and sustainability
- Manage and develop a strong network
- Membership Renewal & Development
2.) Capacity Development
Develop the capacity of Saskatchewan’s museums to preserve the tangible and intangible heritage of Saskatchewan for future generations.
- Advisory services
- Training and assessment
- Equitable treatment and support
- Collections and Exhibit Management
3.) Public Engagement
Create greater public awareness and understanding of the past, present and future impact of Saskatchewan’s heritage through the collective efforts of our museums and galleries.
- Share experiences and build awareness between museums and with the public
- Develop public information resources
Be a collective voice and source of support for museums and community partners.
- Develop and manage an Advocacy Plan
5.) Operational Capacity
Continuously improve and manage the operations of the organization in support of the development and implementation of its goals and objectives.
- Organizational Development and Professionalism
- Communications Plan
- Performance Management
- Staff Development
- Risk Management
- Fiscal Responsibility
- Identify and address compliance issues