Practical Experiences from Re:Org Canada - NKE Spring 2020
In this video, Michelle Taylor, the Manager/Curator of the Prince Albert Historical Society discusses The Re:Org Method, (developed by ICCROM). Re:Org is a step-by-step approach to help those who work with cultural collections to reorganize their current storage rooms, focusing on the creative, yet safe, use of existing resources.
This video explores the following topics:
- What is Re:Org? Why do you need it?
- Resources provided by Re:Org
- Preparing for a re:org, what you need to know.
- Actually doing Re:Org
a) Practical experience in Winnipeg
b) Prince Albert’s results.
- Tips and tricks
- You can download all the resources referenced in this video as a zip file from our website here: https://saskmuseums.org/files/NKE_Resources.zip
- Re:Org International Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJCKqPYjvLi9jJqnjROUzIQ
- Re:Org International Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/reorgstorage/
- Pintrest: www.pintrest.com/sewmaureen/museum-storage/
- ICCROM website: https://www.iccrom.org/section/preventive-conservation/re-org
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Em Ironstar at firstname.lastname@example.org!