Admin Support 2 - Museum Technician
The Admin Support 2 – Museum Technician position at the Lloydminster Museum + Archives. The position also includes, but is not limited to museum administration, curatorial research, and providing tours. Additionally, this position supports the development of exhibitions under the guidance of the Collections Coordinator
Duties & Responsibilities:
• With direction from the Collections Coordinator, coordinate and maintain the Heritage Collection, which includes:
o Reorganization of the Lloydminster Museum + Archives heritage collection
o data entry
o condition reporting
o curatorial research.
• Responsible for the implementation of the Lloydminster Museum + Archives Integrated Pest Management Plan.
• General administration duties such as front cash, tourist information and security checks.
• Fabrication of mounts for sensitive artefacts.
• Provide guided tours of the Centre and assist with programming.
• Work with the Collections Coordinator to develop a comprehensive artefact management plan, recommend artefacts for deaccession and compile a list of loaned artefacts.
• Provide progress reports monthly
• Engage with various user groups
• Train, coordinate and support collections and exhibition volunteers in their various duties.
Safety and Environment
Follow and adhere to all City of Lloydminster and institutional safety policies and procedures.
Demonstrate superior oral, written and interpersonal communication skills in a professional environment.
• Other related duties as required.
• Post-secondary Certificate in Museum studies, History or Material Culture from a recognized institution is required.
• One to two years’ experience working with museum/gallery collections and/or experience working in a cultural/tourism institution or organization is required.
• Must be able to work independently, and as part of a team.
• Excellent communication skills with the general public, both in person and over-the-phone.
• Proficient in the use of: Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel, familiar with collections database software and have strong attention to detail. Knowledge of PastPerfect is considered an asset.
• A valid forklift license is considered an asset.
• Must be comfortable working in inclement weather, in unheated historical buildings, mechanics workshops, and working in a warehouse setting.
• Satisfactory Criminal Record Check.
• Successful applicant must provide proof of qualifications.
• Applicants with international education will be required to include an Academic Credential Assessment with application.
Rate of Pay:
Band 2: $22.95-25.06 per hour (subject to CUPE 1015 Agreement)
The City of Lloydminster is an equal opportunity employer. If you have questions or require further information on this position, please contact us. All applications must be sent to the Employee Relations team and received by the closing date. The City has a COVID-19 Vaccination and Rapid Testing Directive in place. Successful applicants will need to disclose their vaccination status.
HR Generalist, Employee Relations
City of Lloydminster
4420 50 Avenue
Lloydminster AB/SK T9V 0W2
Internal Candidate Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
External Candidates apply at: www.lloydminster.ca/jobs