Information Officer (Bilingual)
The Legislative Assembly Service of Saskatchewan (LAS) exists to support and enhance parliamentary democracy and the Legislative Assembly for the benefit of the people of Saskatchewan.
The Visitor Services Branch of the Saskatchewan Legislative Assembly is seeking energetic, highly motivated individuals to work as Information Officers, Bilingual (English/French) for the period of May 1, 2020 to September 8, 2020 (approximate average of 31 hours per week).
Summary about the Branch:
• Visitor Services provides tours of the Legislative Building to the public, as well as educational programs and public events
• Visitor Services works to develop interest in the Legislative Building and Assembly by offering superior programming for all peoples.
Summary about the positions:
• French-bilingual positions (2)
• Weekend availability required
• Responsible for the delivery of comprehensive factual and informative tours of the Saskatchewan Legislative Building in both French and English
• Facilitates school group visits
• Responds to inquiries, assists in execution of branch programs and events, including basic research
• Required to work independently with minimal supervision
• May 2020 – September 2020 term, with potential for extension
Summary of job qualifications:
• Grade 12 Diploma, supplemented with classes in history and/or parliamentary process, training or experience in public speaking, and proficiency in written and oral language skills in both English and French.
Conditions of Employment:
• This position requires a Criminal Records check as a condition of employment
• All employees of the Legislative Assembly Service are required to provide non-partisan, confidential service to all Members of the Legislative Assembly.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit a cover letter and resume by 5:00 p.m. (CST) March 2, 2020 to:
Manager, Visitor Experiences
Attention: Sarah Wood
Room 122, 2405 Legislative Drive
Tel: (306) 306-787-5358
Please quote competition 1004748 in the subject of your email.
Clearly indicate in your resume or cover letter where and how you have gained the required knowledge and qualifications. Selections for interviews will be based on this information
Thank you for your expression of interest. Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
To learn more about the LAS, our vision, Mission and Values, and to find further information about the position, salary and benefits, please visit www.legassembly.sk.ca/about/employment/