Maintenance Worker - Sturgis Station House Museum
2021 Maintenance Worker
The Sturgis Station House Museum is now accepting applications to fill the position of Maintenance Worker for the 2021 summer season. The period of employment will commence from approximately June 22th, 2021 and run until August 31st, 2021. The successful applicant will be expected to work 5 days per week (30 hours) with either Sunday/Monday or Monday/Tuesday off. Rate of pay is $11.45 / hour. All applicants are required to submit a cover page, stating that you are applying for the Maintenance Worker position.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Greeting and welcoming all Museum visitors and guests
- Ensure the safety of Museum guests, and the security of museum property and artifacts
- Provide Museum tour guidance, supervision and answer general inquiries.
- Ensure accurate visitor statistics, handle gift shop sales and Museum monies
- Assist with exhibit/display preparation and installation as needed
- Must be eligible for employment under the guild lines set out by Canada Summer Jobs
- Other duties as assigned by the Building/Grounds Committee Chairperson
- Good interpersonal/communication skills and ease in dealing with the public
- Self-motivated and have organizational and time management ability
- Interest in or knowledge of local and area history
- Familiarity with operating riding lawn mower and whipper snipper is beneficial.
- Creative, artistic abilities and physical fitness are considered strong assets
- No previous experience required
Applications may be mailed to: Sturgis Station House Museum, P.O. Box 255 Sturgis, Sk. S0A 4A0 or email firstname.lastname@example.org Deadline for applications, May 31st, 2021.
This position is dependent on funding from Canada Summer Jobs.
Only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted.