December 31, 2023
The Diefenbaker Canada Centre is recruiting for two temporary, part-time Marketing and Communications Assistants beginning as soon as possible to March 2024. The hourly rate of pay is $15.75, and the successful candidates will work 15 hours per week.
Candidates must be a current undergraduate student who has completed at least two years of study; preferred fields are marketing, communications, business, education, humanities, or social sciences. The candidate must be currently studying full-time.
The ideal candidate possesses some experience in marketing, communications, and dealing with the public (through tourism or previous interpretation or museum experience) and is passionate about Canadian history. They will have some general familiarity with, or the willingness to learn, the following skill set:
– Culturally aware and have the desire to work with people of all ages and backgrounds
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong interpersonal skills
– Demonstrated ability to be self-motivated with the ability to think and act strategically, take direction, work effectively, and show initiative
– Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy in all work
– Flexible and able to adapt to change in a fast-paced setting
– Creative and innovative
– Organizational skills and the ability to set and adhere to work priorities
– An understanding of Canadian and Indigenous history, governance, and politics
– Ability to set and meet deadlines while working on multiple projects and to take initiative
– Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
– A commitment to exceptional customer service, including a discreet, responsive, pleasant, and effective manner in person, phone, and email communication
– Ability to problem solve effectively in an independent manner
– Advanced computer skills, including MS Office, Windows, and working knowledge of Adobe design software and social media platforms (including analytics); ability to learn new technologies, programs, and procedures quickly and retain information
– This position requires flexibility and will include evening and weekend shifts. Some in-province travel may be required.
– The ability to communicate in French (written and oral) would be considered an asset.
How to apply
Applications will be considered immediately and will be accepted until the position is filled. Applying early is encouraged.
To apply, the following information must be submitted in a single PDF file to [email protected] (note that the subject line of the email must state: DCC Marketing and Communications Assistant:
- Cover letter stating how you meet the qualifications, why this position appeals to you, and what you feel you can bring to the Diefenbaker Canada Centre team
- Names and contact information (email address and phone number) of three references
About the DCC
The DCC’s purpose is to help people make meaningful and personal connections to ideas of citizenship, leadership, and Canada’s role in the international community. Programs and activities offered by the DCC aim to inspire participants to have optimism about Canada’s political culture and history, to take advantage of our democratic heritage, and to challenge their own notions of Canadian leadership and citizenship in an ever-changing community.
For more information, visit https://www.usask.ca/diefenbaker/.