Phone: (306) 656-2002
Phone: (306) 656-2172
The Harris Stopping Place was established in 1904 along the Old Bone Trail. The rail line came through 2 miles south of the stopping place in 1909, the store, post office and church were moved to their present location. Mr. Harris was the first postmaster. This place was incorporated as a village in 1909 becoming what is now Harris. Much has happened and many changes have taken place in 100 years. The Harris Museum tells the story of the area and contains a variety of exhibits including a local nature gallery with mounted animals, an original CN water tower, and CN caboose, plus "Ruby Rush" Rock.
204 Railway Avenue
May – September
NOTE: CLOSED 2020 SEASON DUE TO COVID-19.
For research/family info contact Dolores at 306-656-2172 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hours of operation - 1:30-4:30 pm Fridays, Saturdays & Sundays during the summer months or by appointment.
Admission: Adults $2, Children $1. Annual membershipo $5 Adult, $10 Family.