SaskCollections Phase 8 Open for Applications - Apply by September 24
The Museums Association of Saskatchewan is looking for new institutional participants in the PHASE EIGHT of a SaskCollections management database project, starting in the Fall of 2020. You do not need to already have a digital database to join; just an interest in working towards developing one.
PHASE 8 will require that participants utilize it regularly in order for MAS to continue to improve the system. Participants will work with MAS and the software developer to migrate/enter in data from their established collections management system to assist with expanding the database for future users. MAS is asking for participants that are willing to commit significant time and effort into this project.
Once your database is set up members are able to create a front-end webpage to share your collection with the world (See MAS’s at http://saskcollections.org) as part of their yearly fees.
Why join the SaskCollections Program?
• The database is completely online, so you can access it from anywhere you have internet access
• MAS provides the software, so there is limited cost to the museum
• Helps your museums to manage useable information about your collections
• Extremely effective tool to organize, arrange, preserve, and display artifacts in your collections
• Access to comprehensive support, both online resources and via our Museum Advisor, Sarah
• Optional: Create a front-end webpage to share your collection with the world via the internet (See MAS’s at http://saskcollections.org) as part as your annual fees
Requirements for Participation:
• 2-3 dedicated staff/volunteers
• Staff/volunteers must be available for training
• Museums must be already organizing the collection in accordance with the Collections Documentation Manual for Saskatchewan Museums.
• A high-speed internet connection and an up-to-date computer
• Museums must contribute $125/year for data storage fees
Check out the Demo Database:
Our demo database can be found at http://test.saskcollections.org
User Name: Administrator Password: test
Initial Cost: $200 (Nomenclature 4.0, Storage Fees and Data Transfer Fees)
Each January After: $125.00 (Data Storage Fees)
How to Apply:
Fill out the application form online: https://forms.gle/dWhiQpWX2ycobNyx7
Questions? Comments? Concerns?
If you have comments, questions, or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact Sarah (Museums Advisor) at firstname.lastname@example.org.