Introducing SaskCollections Phase 5
This spring/summer MAS is continuing to expand its SaskCollections Project and we want you to join! We are looking for 5 new museums to join the movement! SaskCollections is an (almost) free collections management database system. If you already have a database (or a spreadsheet), we will coordinate the transfer of your records to the SaskCollections system. If you have paper records, we will make sure you know how to enter them into the system. MAS also provides training and advisory services to participating museums.
Why should you join the SaskCollections Program?
MAS has the software, so there is limited cost to the Museum
- Helps your museums to manage useable information about your collections
- Extremely effective tool of organizing, arranging, preserving, and display artifacts in your collections
- Helps you organize, arrange, preserve, and display artifacts in your collections
- MAS has a back-up server where your information is stored as part of fees
- Access to comprehensive support, both online resources and via our Museum Advisor, Kathleen
Requirements for Participation:
- 2-3 dedicated staff/volunteers
- Staff/volunteers must be available for training
- Museums must be already organizing the collection in accordance with the Collections Documentation Manual for Saskatchewan Museums.
- Museums must have a high-speed internet connection and an up-to-date computer
- Museums must contribute $125/year for data storage fees
Initial Cost: $200 (Nomenclature 4.0, Storage Fees and Data Transfer Fees)
Each January After: $125.00 (Data Storage Fees)
How to Apply:
Please watch your e-mail and Ephemera for more information.
Or click the link: https://goo.gl/forms/ji740I9FzqSp6Qaa2
Questions? Comments? Concerns?
If you have comments, questions, or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact Kathleen (Museums Advisor) at firstname.lastname@example.org or 306-780-9266
Applications are Due May 16th, 2018.
Please Note: If you are accepted into the Database Program, we will be having a SaskCollections Database meeting on June 6, 2018 in Humboldt, SK (the day before the MAS conference) for all Database members, so mark your calendars!