The Museums Association of Saskatchewan (MAS) strengthens Saskatchewan museums through various education, advisory, resource and networking programs. Members receive exclusive access to Professional Development opportunities, Advisory Services, a Resource Library, Equipment Loans, and more!
Take advantage of the many benefits of membership by becoming a MAS member today!
Interested in exploring what else MAS has to offer before becoming a member? There are several open access resources available to everyone, including:
- Reduced rates for MAS Professional Development opportunities, course registration, and Annual MAS Conference registration and discounts.
- Access to the Resource Library, which contains material on a full range of museum-related topics valuable to all types and sizes of museums. There are over 1,200 titles available for loan!
- Equipment Loans are available. MAS offers various audio and video recording equipment for members to borrow, free of charge.
- Ability to request Advisory Services.
- Eligibility to join SaskCollections, a cloud-based collections database specifically designed for small and medium-sized museums in Saskatchewan.
- Member Museums are added to our List of Museums page on our website.
- Eligible members gain the right to vote at MAS’ AGM and be nominated to become a Board member.
- Members are added to our Member Contact List to receive MAS Communications, as well as our biweekly newsletter E-phemera.
- Members can submit info regarding events, personal development, and other resources to share with our members on our website, newsletter, and/or social media.
Museums, individuals, and organizations are eligible for membership in MAS.
Membership Categories are:
Institutional Voting members meet MAS’ bylaw definition of a museum and are located in Saskatchewan.
Fees are based on annual operating expenditure.
$0 – $10,000 = $50
$10,001 – $100,000 = $80
$100,001 – $500,000 = $175
$500,001 – $1,000,000 = $275
$1,000,001+ = $425.
Institutional Non-voting members are working toward but ineligible for Institutional Voting membership and are located in Saskatchewan.
Individual Voting members are residents of Saskatchewan who support MAS goals and objectives.
Fee $50 or $60
Individual Non-voting members are non-residents of Saskatchewan or individuals wishing to join the Association in a Non-Voting capacity.
Students in the province of Saskatchewan attending an accredited full-time program who are 18 years of age and older.
Associate members are organizations, businesses or institutions not eligible for institutional membership, wishing to maintain links with the museum community.